BioSante Pharmaceuticals (BPAX)
The event: Phase III efficacy studies of Libigel for the treatment of female sexual dysfunction.
The timeline: Top-line results expected in the fall.
The stakes: A female Viagra, sort of. BioSante is trying to succeed where other drug companies have failed -- to be the first company to receive U.S. approval for a drug to boost the sexual "desire" of post-menopausal women. [Libigel is a low-dose testosterone gel that women apply once a day to their upper arm.]
BioSante is conducting three phase III studies of Libigel. The first two randomized, placebo-controlled trials are designed to show that Libigel increases sexual desire and the frequency of satisfying sexual events in surgically menopausal women. BioSante is also running a third phase III study designed to demonstrate Libigel's long-term safety.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV