The event: FDA approval decision for Adcetris in two cancers -- relapsed or refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma, and relapsed or refractory systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL).
The timeline: The FDA approval decision is expected Aug. 30. Before that, on July 14, the FDA is convening an FDA advisory panel to review Adcetris.
The stakes: Seattle Genetics carries a market value of $2.4 billion, which means investors have not only banked on Adcetris' approval but are also expecting the drug to perform well commercially. Two important firsts hinge on Adcetris: It will be the first approved drug to emerge from Seattle Genetics' lab; and the first drug to validate the company's antibody drug conjugate technology. Adcetris combines the tumor-targeting precision of a monoclonal antibody with the tumor-killing power of chemotherapy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV