BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The biotech calendar for the second half of 2011 is filled with drug approval decisions and clinical trial outcomes, enough to keep biotech stocks jumping for the remainder of the year.
Biotech investors crave tradeable events, but keeping track of clinical trials and Food and Drug Administration drug approvals can be a challenge. To make the job easier, I've compiled a list of 10 biotech stock trades for the second half of 2011.
Each of these biotech stock trades is tied to a pivotal event expected to trigger in the next six months -- either a looming drug approval decision by the FDA or the release of results from an important mid- or late-stage clinical trial. These 10 biotech stock trades were selected from a larger list of 2011 biotech catalysts because they have a greater likelihood to produce significant stock price volatility or represent a watershed moment in the lifeline of the company highlighted.
Represented here are three pending FDA drug approvals, five phase III clinical trials and two phase II clinical trials -- all of which should occur in the second half of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV