Energy Transfer Lifts Southern Union Bid
Southern Union shareholders can elect to exchange their common shares for $40 of cash or 0.903 Energy Transfer common units. The maximum cash component is 60% of the total consideration and the common unit component can fluctuate between 40% and 50%, the companies said in a statement Tuesday.
The total value of the deal, approved by the boards of both companies, is about $8.9 billion, including debt."We have listened to SUG shareholders and are providing a superior yet simpler transaction, including a significant cash component and the opportunity to benefit from ETE's upside through the ownership of ETE common units," said Kelcy Warren, ETE's chairman and largest unitholder. "The revised ETE/Southern Union agreement delivers superior value, highly compelling equity participation and certainty to close for SUG shareholders." Southern Union shares closed Friday at $40.37. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV