10 People Living the American Dream
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Times may be tough, but the "American Dream" is alive and well.
The idea that hard work and perseverance can pay off is embedded into the American psyche and a cause for celebration.
The following are 10 people whose poor, mundane or troubled pasts didn't hold them back from becoming true American success stories, starting with:
John D. Rockefeller
Rockefeller is America's first business superstar, and that his rise to legendary status came after a impoverished childhood makes his story all the more legendary.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV