BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) - U.S. stocks are rallying for a fifth straight session on Friday and are on track to record their best week in almost a year, after a strong manufacturing number helped to raise investor spirits about the economic recovery.
The best part about the recent move in equities is that it's happening in the face of such bad news. We've all seen the headlines recently which are focused on the Greek debt issues and on even more worries that other European nations will soon be hit with major debt concerns. Plain and simple, the U.S. stock market doesn't care about the problems in Europe - at least for right now.
Stocks have been soaring and many names have hit new 52-week highs. Other names are breaking out to new highs and are setting up for potentially huge moves, while others have rebounded huge off of depressed levels. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is now approaching some big resistance at around 12,754.29. Traders should watch for any breakout in the near-term above that level on the Dow. The breakout level to watch for the Nasdaq is 2835.34 and on the S&P 500 it's 1345.20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV