MINNEAPOLIS (Stockpickr) --The Fourth of July is upon us, and although weather in my home state of Minnesota is far from summerlike, I will not be deterred from enjoying this forthcoming celebratory weekend. I have many fond memories from celebrations past of family gatherings, picnics, activities - and most of all fireworks.
There is something in the DNA of every American that draws us to explosives. The danger and excitement certainly gets the blood pumping. The endorphin rush from loud booms and cracks have us always begging for more. The action and excitement from a grand fireworks display draws huge crowds far and wide.
We are a society of risk-takers. Fireworks may be banned in some states, but many of us are willing to drive far and wide to get our fix. Perhaps there is another way to find the action closer to home -- in the stock market. With its crazy, volatile price action, the stock market can provide a rush similar to the one one gets from fireworks -- and it's right in our backyard.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV