Energy Stocks: The Week's Winners, Losers
STR Holdings was the top lagger, shedding 10.8% as the stock was downgraded to accumulate from buy at Craig Hallum's with a target price of $21 per share.
Transatlantic Petroleum lost 9.1% after news that the GRB-1 well could be abandoned.
EXCO Resources declined 7.6% after S&P Rating Services placed the company's RTGS on credit-watch negative.
JA Solar (JASO) erased 2.1% after Brean Murray, equity analyst at Wayne Chang, downgraded the stock to sell from hold with a target price of $4 per share.Others on the downside were Energy Transfer Equity (ETE), Quicksilver Resources (KWK) and Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP) with marginal losses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV