Despite headwinds of high oil prices Japan’s potential impact on the global supply chain and sovereign debt problems to name a few, investors confidence and the sustainability of the economic recovery is likely a major underlying factor in the continued advance in equities.
Earnings on the whole beat expectations in the fourth quarter and many analysts are predicting double-digit EPS growth in 2011 and 2012. Investor focus also appears to be shifting from an obsession with macro forces to the actual performance of individual companies. Co-relation or how much stock prices move together is one barometer to gauge whether macro high co-relation or company specific low co-relation forces are driving the market. Co-relations peak most recently in September 2010 at the hike of macro concerns and it declined substantially since then giving us reason to believe we are returning to stock sectors market.
From the firms perspective this has created an environment that I’d characterize as stable. Our AUM stands at 16.3 billion at the end of the quarter, up 4.5% from 15.6 billion at December 31st. Operating margins were 52.8% this quarter versus 53.2% in the prior quarter and cash flow continues to be solid with operating activities generating $12.3 million during the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV