1. Golar LNG (GLNG) owns and operates LNG carriers and floating storage re-gasification units (FSRUs).
For the first quarter of 2011, Golar reported revenue of $67.5 million compared to $64.6 million in the same period of 2010, benefiting from enhanced performance of its modern LNG carriers and higher daily charter rates. During the quarter, the average daily time charter equivalent rates increased to $80,694 from $74,206 in the fourth quarter of 2010. However, vessel utilization was lower at 91% compared to 95% in the Dec. 2010 quarter. Net income for 2011 first quarter stood at $16.3 million, while operating income was $20.4 million.
The company is gearing to meet higher LNG demand in the next few years. Golar executed a FSRU charter agreement with PT Nusantara Regas in April 2011. Besides, it also secured charters for its four modern vessels for 12 to 18 month periods and expects to add about $80 million EBITDA to its books on an annualized basis. The company ordered six new LNG carriers from Samsung Heavy Industries with an option to order another two vessels.The stock was a major outperformer and returned over 130% year-to-date and has buy ratings of 69%. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 6 Stocks to Gain From Strong LNG Outlook portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV