2. DryShips (DRYS) is a holding company engaged in marine transportation services of dry bulk cargo. It also provides deepwater drilling rig services. DryShip's fleet consists of dry bulk carriers and tankers. It has 39 dry bulk carriers, comprising of 9 Capesize, 28 Panamax and 2 Supramax, and 12 tankers of 6 Suezmax and 6 Aframax.
For the first quarter of 2011, the company recorded net income of $25.8 million, compared to $13.3 million for the same period in 2010. In the revenue profile, voyage revenues dipped, whereas the same from drilling contracts increased during the quarter. On the quarterly performance, George Economou, the company's CEO, said in a press statement, "We are delighted to have secured two long-term drilling contracts from the biggest player in the ultra deepwater drilling market, which is a testament to Ocean Rig's operational track record and the quality of our assets. Following these contracts we now have three of our drillships on contract to Petrobras. These two contracts are the culmination of our efforts since we entered the drilling segment three years ago. We have now secured contracts for all of our initial new building drillships and doubled our backlog to over $2 billion."
The stock has gained 15% in the last one year. Analysts expect DryShips to post earnings growth of 10% to 12% in 2011, and deliver price appreciation of 44% over the next one year. The stock is trading at 5.5 times its estimated 2011 earnings. A Bloomberg consensus has 63% analysts maintaining a buy on the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV