6. Cheniere Energy (LNG) is a U.S.-based energy company engaged in LNG-related businesses. It owns and operates the Sabine Pass LNG terminal and Creole Trail pipeline in Louisiana.
Recently, the company initiated a project to offer liquefaction services at the Sabine Pass LNG terminal, which facilitate natural gas liquefaction, export of LNG, as well as import and re-gasifying LNG from overseas. The liquefaction project would be up to four LNG trains, each train with a nominal production capacity of 4 million tons per annum. LNG export from the Sabine Pass LNG terminal will probably start by 2015.
During the first quarter of 2011, Cheniere's income from operations was $23.6 million, compared to $31 million for the comparable period in 2010 due to lower derivative gains and expenditure from Sabine Pass LNG terminal. LNG terminal and pipeline development expenses grew to $7.7 million for the quarter compared to the corresponding period in 2010, driven by expenses related to the proposed liquefaction project at Sabine Pass LNG terminal.Analysts rate an impressive 86% buy on the stock with an estimated upside of 50%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV