NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --- Anadarko Petroleum (APC), Golar LNG (GLNG), Teekay LNG Partners (TGP), DryShips (DRYS), DHT Holdings (DHT) and Cheniere Energy (LNG) are LNG-related stocks that could outperform broader indices.
Goldman Sachs has almost doubled its liquefied natural gas (LNG) demand growth forecast on the back of higher consumption by Japan and northwest Europe. The investment bank expects global LNG demand to rise by an average 2.9 billion cubic feet a day this year, up from the earlier forecast of 1.5 bcf, outweighing future supply increases.
Strong demand and concerns over nuclear energy could be drivers for natural gas as the IEA forecasts natural gas prices to average $5.5 per million Btu in Europe and $11.5 per million Btu in Japan.
These six stocks have mean buy ratings of 60% with an upside potential of up to 86%, based on analysts' average 12-month price targets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV