BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- This could be a big week for the bulls. The S&P 500 is bouncing hard off of key support, finally granting a reprieve to anxious investors who've been watching for a trading signal. So are the S&P's "summer doldrums" already over by the start of July?
It's certainly possible. The index has already climbed more than 3% this week, bringing the index much closer to being out of the "danger zone" it's been flirting with for a while now. I've been harping on the S&P's critical technical outlook for the last few weeks, but today I'd like to show you what's going on in the market index -- and how to trade it. More on that in a minute.
It's also time to look at what's going on technically with some of the most popular stocks on Wall Street. Because these high-profile names often trade differently than the broad market, taking a look at their technicals can provide some significant trading opportunities when the market's being less than cooperative.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV