Restaurant Trends We Love and Hate
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- Twenty years ago, the idea of a shop that sold only cupcakes was virtually unheard of (remember "bakeries"?), and when you looked at a menu, there was no way it would tell you where the cow was raised or what it had for lunch. Today, locally sourced ingredients are all the rage and cupcake shops have become so trendy people are already saying they're passe.
Restaurants have changed a lot in the past few years, but not all of the trends are going to last. We spoke to food experts and bloggers to find out which restaurant trends they can't get enough of -- and which they can definitely do without.
|The cupcake-only specialty shops popping up all over urban areas are just one food trend starting to grate on some people.|
Love: Local sourcing
These days it's not enough to tell diners what ingredients are used in a dish. More and more restaurants are also telling us where the ingredients came from, and often it's not that far from home.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV