DETROIT (TheStreet) -- At a time when automakers are charging more for their products, bargains take on a special appeal.
But vehicles priced under $18,000 continue to be widely available, and now the editors of Kelley Blue Book recently have compiled a list of the top ten coolest new cars in the price range.
"There are great deals to be had on many new cars under $18,000, but only a handful of them really possess that cool, difficult-to-describe 'it' factor," said Jack Nerad, executive editorial director for Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com., in a prepared statement.
The publication listed these criteria: fun-to-drive, fun-to-own, and a Kelley Blue Book fair purchase price of $18,000 or less.Here are the top ten.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV