The original iPhone first went on sale on June 29, 2007, for $500, introducing the world to a large touchscreen smartphone. Today's current version is the iPhone 4, with the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 rumored to be on the way. The thickness of the iPhone 4 has been reduced from the original, with an updated camera and faster processor.
Another popular topic on the Web Thursday is "QR code" -- otherwise known as Quick Response code.
These codes are matrix barcodes that are readable by camera phones and include encoded information such as text, URLs or other data. The use of QR codes is growing rapidly, with small businesses and major brands using them as marketing tools. Even companies like Microsoft (MSFT) are attempting to get a piece of the action, launching its Tag codes as an alternative to QR codes.
"Google Wave" is another hot trend, after Google's (GOOG) introduction of the +1 button. Google's +1 button, which users can click to recommend content they like to their friends, is prompting speculation around the Internet about whether it will suffer the same fate as Google's failed Wave. Google Wave attempted to help users communicate and collaborate on the Web, but is no longer being developed as a standalone product.
The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google, Yahoo! and other search sites) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on the Web, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. -- Written by Brittany Umar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV