Castle Brands Inc. (NYSE Amex: ROX), a developer and international marketer of premium beverage alcohol brands, today reported financial results for the three months and year ended March 31, 2011.
Operating Highlights for fiscal year ended March 31, 2011
- Total case sales for fiscal 2011 increased 7% to 307,277 cases compared to 286,186 cases in the prior fiscal year
- Rum case sales increased 14% on the momentum of Gosling’s Rum®, our largest selling brand
- Liqueur sales increased 26% led by Brady’s® Irish Cream
- Brand portfolio expanded to include Travis Hasse’s Original® Pie Liqueurs and A. de Fussigny® Cognacs
"Strong case sales growth of Gosling’s Rum and Jefferson's Bourbons in fiscal 2011, coupled with higher average revenues per case are a testament to the effectiveness of our strategy. We expect continued sales growth for our core brands, the addition of some exciting line extensions and improving financial performance in the current year,” stated John Glover, Chief Operating Officer of Castle Brands.
"When investors led by Dr. Phillip Frost, I.L.A.R. S.p.A., the owner of Pallini liqueurs, and Vector Group Ltd. invested in Castle Brands over two years ago, there were great opportunities as well as a number of challenges. Since then we have greatly reduced our losses, strengthened our balance sheet and positioned our brands for consistent growth. Today, our opportunities are greater and our challenges are far less daunting. This is truly an exciting time for Castle Brands as we believe our business has reached a key inflection point,” stated Richard J. Lampen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Castle Brands.In the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, the Company had net sales of $8.9 million, a 39% increase from net sales of $6.4 million in the comparable prior-year period. Loss from operations decreased by 27% to $1.1 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, from $1.5 million for the prior-year period. The Company had a net loss attributable to common shareholders of $1.5 million, or $(0.01) per basic and diluted share, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, compared to a net loss of $1.6 million, or $(0.01) per basic and diluted share, in the comparable prior-year period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV