The bank, in a strategic review announced Thursday, also said it would create a delayered management structure and centralize its support functions.
Lloyds also said it would reduce its international presence from 30 countries to less than half that by 2014.
Lloyds said the cost savings will allow it to invest an additional 2 billion pounds from now to 2014 to grow its core customer franchise.Lloyds has cut more than 40,000 jobs since it was created in 2009 through the merger of Lloyds TSB and Halifax/Bank of Scotland. The bank is partly owned by the U.K. government. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV