TSX: MFI www.mapleleaffoods.com
TORONTO, June 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Maple Leaf Foods announced today that the Board of Directors has appointed Mr. Purdy Crawford Non-Executive Chairman of the Board effective June 22, 2011. Prior to the passing of the Company's long serving Chairman, Mr. G. Wallace F. McCain on May 13, 2011, Mr. Crawford was Vice Chairman and Lead Director. The appointment of Mr. Crawford to the chairmanship ensures continuity of leadership at the Board.
Mr. Crawford, who will be retiring from the Board by the Company's next annual meeting in April 2012, will serve as Chairman until the annual meeting or such earlier time as determined by the Board. The Board has appointed a committee composed of four independent directors with Dr. Chaviva M. Hošek as Chair to review and make recommendations to the full Board on the position of Chairman of the Board on an ongoing basis.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading food processing company, headquartered in Toronto, Canada. The Company employs approximately 21,000 people at its operations across Canada and in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Asia. The Company had sales of $5.0 billion in 2010.SOURCE Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV