TSX: MFI www.mapleleaffoods.com
TORONTO, June 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Maple Leaf Foods announced today that the Board of Directors has appointed Mr. Purdy Crawford Non-Executive Chairman of the Board effective June 22, 2011. Prior to the passing of the Company's long serving Chairman, Mr. G. Wallace F. McCain on May 13, 2011, Mr. Crawford was Vice Chairman and Lead Director. The appointment of Mr. Crawford to the chairmanship ensures continuity of leadership at the Board.
Mr. Crawford, who will be retiring from the Board by the Company's next annual meeting in April 2012, will serve as Chairman until the annual meeting or such earlier time as determined by the Board. The Board has appointed a committee composed of four independent directors with Dr. Chaviva M. Hošek as Chair to review and make recommendations to the full Board on the position of Chairman of the Board on an ongoing basis.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading food processing company, headquartered in Toronto, Canada. The Company employs approximately 21,000 people at its operations across Canada and in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Asia. The Company had sales of $5.0 billion in 2010.SOURCE Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV