4. VelocityShares Daily Inverse VIX Short Term ETN (XIV) began trading on Nov. 29, 2010.
The return on this exchange-traded note, or ETN, is linked to the inverse of the daily performance of the S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures¿ Index less the investor fee of 1.35%. Of course the inverse of 'VIX' would obviously be 'XIV'. No new ETN or ETF has performed better than this security with extraordinary returns ending May 31, 2011 of 60.9% over 6 months, 33.4% for 3 months, and 8.8% in one months on a lack of implied volatility in option contracts on the S&P 500.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV