NEW YORK ( TheStreet Ratings) -- These days it is not enough for fund families to just come up with a novel sub-category of investment classification when launching a new exchange-traded fund. If that fund lands a memorable ticker symbol, the prospect for successfully keeping investor attention is enhanced.
To qualify for a risk-adjusted return ranking with TheStreet Ratings, a new exchange-traded fund must trade for a full year. Of the 209 unrated exchange-traded funds with less than one year of history, the following 10 ETFs have the best ticker symbols.
10. IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap Eq ETF (CROP) began trading on Mar. 22, 2011.
The fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance of its underlying index, the IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap Index, which was created by Financial Development Holdco. The cream of the 'CROP' of tickers holds companies engaged in farming, livestock, agricultural machinery, supplies, chemicals, and biofuels. Top holdings include Tractor Supply (TSCO), Smithfield Foods (SFD), and Toro (TTC).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV