NEW YORK ( TheStreet Ratings) -- These days it is not enough for fund families to just come up with a novel sub-category of investment classification when launching a new exchange-traded fund. If that fund lands a memorable ticker symbol, the prospect for successfully keeping investor attention is enhanced.
To qualify for a risk-adjusted return ranking with TheStreet Ratings, a new exchange-traded fund must trade for a full year. Of the 209 unrated exchange-traded funds with less than one year of history, the following 10 ETFs have the best ticker symbols.
10. IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap Eq ETF (CROP) began trading on Mar. 22, 2011.
The fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance of its underlying index, the IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap Index, which was created by Financial Development Holdco. The cream of the 'CROP' of tickers holds companies engaged in farming, livestock, agricultural machinery, supplies, chemicals, and biofuels. Top holdings include Tractor Supply (TSCO), Smithfield Foods (SFD), and Toro (TTC).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV