A Midyear Technical Checkup for Stocks
This post appeared earlier this week on RealMoney . Click here for a free trial, and enjoy incisive commentary all day, every day.
As we enter the second half of 2011, let us take a look at where we are on a long-term technical basis and try to ascertain what may lie down the road. To do so, we need to work downward from the very long-term studies.
Much of this has been published before, but it bears repetition. Way back in 1984, I wrote about the long-term cycles in a piece called "The Super Bull Scenario." Those thoughts and projections still seem to be holding true today. On the first chart, below, we are seeing the Dow Industrials going back over 40 years
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV