NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Air Methods (AIRM), Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX), Oncothyreon (ONTY) and Infinity Pharmaceuticals (INFI) are among the health care stocks that have outperformed both the S&P 500 index and bigger peers Pfizer (PFE), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) and Merck (MRK) over the past month.
These stocks gained between 17% to 47% and may continue to outperform the S&P 500 on strong fundamentals and company outlooks. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect these stocks to gain 4% to 55% over the next year.
Starting in the next page are the stocks listed in ascending order of performance over the past month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV