NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- According to data compiled by Bloomberg, companies on the S&P 500 Index are likely to report revenue increases of 10% in 2011, doubling from 5.2% in 2010, boosted by a recovery in personal income and spending. Additionally, capital spending by these companies is seen expanding 21% in 2011. These revenue gains may further push the Index's profits to $99.08 per share, growing 17% from 2010.
Meanwhile, in a separate development, industry estimates predict a marginal acceleration in growth during the second half of 2011, with opportunities in the technology, industrials, and healthcare sectors. Barry Knapp, head of U.S. equity strategy at Barclays Capital, said that the nonfinancial corporate sector is witnessing robust recovery in profit and relative valuations are attractive.
Knapp further adds that fundamental drivers like analysts' earnings estimate revisions and expanding margins impart greater strength to companies in the industrial sector. Furthermore, capital investment is expected to be robust through the year, supporting the growth rate. Meanwhile, the Industrial SPDR ETF (XLI) has gained almost 32% during the past full year, and has grown 4.6% year-to-date.
These eight stocks from the industrial sector have potential upsides ranging from 11% to 14%. These stocks have no sell ratings and are analysts' favorites. The average buy and hold ratings for these stocks is 61% and 39%, respectively, based on a Bloomberg consensus.The stocks are stacked based on upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV