Rogers continued: "We accomplished these results even as we saw conditions for the industry become more challenging than expected."
The stock was last quoted at $2.74, up 9.6%, on volume of nearly 50,000 in extended trading. Based on a regular session close at $2.50, the shares were down almost 18% year-to-date.
Other stocks active in late trades included Shaw Group (SHAW), which dropped more than 13% to $28.05 on volume of nearly 160,000 after the Baton Rouge, La.-based provider of engineering and construction services missed Wall Street's expectations for its third quarter, which it called "extremely challenging and disappointing," and gave a weak forecast for the fourth quarter; Progress Software (PRGS), which tumbled 6% to $21.90 in late trades on volume of less than 20,000 after the Bedford, Mass.-based software provider gave a weak outlook for its fiscal third quarter ending in August; and EXFO Inc. (EXFO), which plunged 16% to $7.51 on light volume of around 5,000 after the Canadian provider of wireless and wireline network testing equipment fell short of analyst views for its fiscal third quarter and forecast a sequential decline in revenue for its fiscal fourth quarter.
Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV