2. Origin Agritech (SEED) is a China-based crop seed company specializing in research and development, production, and sales and marketing of corn, rice, cotton and canola seed. The company's product line also includes branded agriculture chemicals.
For the three months ended March 31, the company received $45.92 million as advances from customers, compared to $39.61 million in the year-ago quarter. In early May, the company signed a licensing agreement with a multinational partner to develop high-yield corn varieties incorporating the Origin Agritech glyphosate-resistant and Bt-traits.
The company recently reaffirmed its revenue guidance for fiscal year 2011 and estimates revenue to range from 600 million to 650 million renminbi. Recently, SEED formed a joint venture with a prominent local, state-owned partner in Xinjiang for seed production and distribution. SEED estimates to invest almost $15 million for a 51% ownership stake in the joint venture to build an additional state-of-the-art center to produce, process, package and sell high quality seed products for the China market.
Of the three analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy and the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 193.3% upside to $11 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV