2. Origin Agritech (SEED) is a China-based crop seed company specializing in research and development, production, and sales and marketing of corn, rice, cotton and canola seed. The company's product line also includes branded agriculture chemicals.
For the three months ended March 31, the company received $45.92 million as advances from customers, compared to $39.61 million in the year-ago quarter. In early May, the company signed a licensing agreement with a multinational partner to develop high-yield corn varieties incorporating the Origin Agritech glyphosate-resistant and Bt-traits.
The company recently reaffirmed its revenue guidance for fiscal year 2011 and estimates revenue to range from 600 million to 650 million renminbi. Recently, SEED formed a joint venture with a prominent local, state-owned partner in Xinjiang for seed production and distribution. SEED estimates to invest almost $15 million for a 51% ownership stake in the joint venture to build an additional state-of-the-art center to produce, process, package and sell high quality seed products for the China market.
Of the three analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy and the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 193.3% upside to $11 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV