5. Stanley Furniture (STLY - Get Report) designs, manufactures and imports residential wood furniture. The company offers two product lines: adult furniture product line marketed as Stanley Furniture, and infant and youth furniture as Young America.
Revenue for the first quarter of 2011 decreased 4% to $26.6 million from $27.7 million in the fourth quarter of the prior year. Order backlog grew $2.2 million as the company completed the first full quarter with its new operational strategy announced in May of last year. Lastly, net loss for the quarter narrowed to $3.9 million, or 27 cents a share, from $8.3 million, or 73 cents a share, in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Cash on hand at quarter-end was $22.3 million down from $25.5 million at the end of December 2010. Working capital, excluding cash, decreased slightly to $26.5 million from $27.2 million at year-end 2010. Lastly, current ratio stood at 3.79 compared to 3.75 at the end of the prior quarter.
Of the three analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 51.4% upside to $6.89 in value from current levels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts