7. Jamba (JMBA), operating through its wholly owned subsidiary, Jamba Juice Company, owns and franchises Jamba Juice stores. Jamba Juice is a restaurant retailer of food and beverage offerings, including fruit smoothies, juices, teas, hot oatmeal made with organic steel cut oats, wraps, salads, sandwiches, and a variety of baked goods and snacks.
Non-GAAP revenue increased marginally to $60.9 million from $60.6 million in the prior year. Company-owned comparable store sales increased 2.2% from the prior year period. System-wide comparable store sales improved 3.1%, while comparable store sales at franchised locations were up 4.1%. Non-GAAP net loss stood at $5.4 million, or 11 cents a share, vs. $6.4 million, or 13 cents a share, in the first quarter of 2010.
The company recently announced the opening of its fifth Jamba Juice location in Seocho, a residential and commercial district in Seoul, South Korea. Prior to this, early May, the company signed a master development agreement with Canada Juice to develop 80 stores across Canada over the next 10 years. The first Jamba Juice Canadian locations are likely to open in late 2011.
As part of its summer promotion, the company launched its "What Would You Blend?" consumer engagement campaign for its smoothie product line on the social networking website Facebook. Going forward, the company expects to deliver company-owned comparable store sales of 2% to 4% and realize adjusted operating profit margin of 18% to 20% during 2011. Jamba plans to develop 50 to 70 U.S. locations in traditional, nontraditional, and express franchise formats.Of the eight analysts covering the stock, 63% recommend a buy and 25% rate a hold. On average, analysts estimate 39.7% upside to $3.02 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV