NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- We have identified eight stocks from the consumer goods sector that are trading under $5. These stocks which have market capitalization of under $300 million have a potential upside in the range of approximately 40% to 300% in the upcoming 12 months, based on analysts' estimates, polled by Bloomberg. Notably, none of these stocks have sell ratings.
The stocks are stacked in terms of upsides, great to greatest.
8. Glu Mobile (GLUU) is engaged in designing, marketing and selling games for mobile phones. These games are designed to appeal to a cross-section of subscribers and are served by its wireless carriers and other distributors. It also serves users of smartphones who purchase these games through direct-to-consumer digital storefronts. The company's game titles include Call of Duty, Deer Hunter, Diner Dash, Guitar Hero 5, Family Feud, Family Guy, The Price Is Right, Transformers and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, among others.
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 declined 5% to $16.4 million from $17.3 million in the year-ago quarter, due to a $4.6 million decline in feature phone revenue, partially offset by a $3.8 million increase in smartphone revenue. Smartphone revenue increased due to sales growth on Apple's iOS-based devices related primarily to revenue from micro-transactions, offers and advertisements.During the quarter, new titles coupled with persistent success of fourth quarter 2010 drove 20 million new installs. In toto, there have been 70.2 million installs across iOS and Android devices and social networking websites. The company recently updated its second quarter 2011 guidance. Non-GAAP revenue is expected to be between $16 million and $17 million, up from the previous range of $15 million to $16.5 million. Non-GAAP net loss is expected to be between $1.9 million and $2.7 million, or 4 to 5 cents per basic share compared to a previous guided range of $1.9 million to $3.1 million or 4 to 6 cents per share. All of the four analysts covering the stock recommend buying it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 39.5% upside to $6.25 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV