VB (Vanguard Small-Cap ETF) tracks the MSCI US Small Cap 1750 Index which of course means the universe of 1750 small cap stocks in U.S. markets. The fund was launched in January 2004. AUM equal $4.4 billion and average daily trading volume exceeds 375K shares. The expense ratio is .15% which is low among its peers. The current dividend yield is 1.11% based on an annual dividend of $.84. As of June 2011 the YTD return is approximately 3.50%.
Data as of June 2011
VB Top Ten Holdings & Weightings
- Informatica Corporation (INFA): 0.28%
- VeriFone Systems, Inc. (PAY): 0.27%
- SM Energy Company (SM): 0.27%
- SandRidge Energy, Inc. (SD): 0.27%
- JDS Uniphase Corporation (JDSU): 0.27%
- CMT Market Liquidity Rate: 0.27%
- TIBCO Software, Inc. (TIBX): 0.26%
- Polycom, Inc. (PLCM): 0.25%
- Tractor Supply (TSCO): 0.25%
- Brigham Exploration Company (BEXP): 0.25%
IWO (iShares Russell 2000 Growth ETF) tracks the Russell 2000 Growth Index which includes the 2000 small cap companies in the U.S. equity market. The fund was launched in July 2000. The expense ratio is .25%. AUM exceeds $4 billion and average daily trading volume is over 1.8M shares. As of June 2011 the dividend yield is .35% based on an annual dividend of $.32. The YTD return is approximately 4.20%.
Alternative choices include IJT (iShares S&P SmallCap 600 Growth ETF) which follows the S&P SmallCap 600/Citigroup Growth Index. It features an expense ratio of .25%. AUM equal $1.8 billion with average daily volume of 214K shares and YTD return of over 6%. Also available is VBK (Vanguard Small-Cap Growth ETF) tracks the MSCI US Small Cap Growth Index. AUM exceeds $2.2 billion and average daily trading volume is only 230K shares indicating an ETF more likely with financial advisor portfolios given the lower fee. As of June 2011 YTD performance is roughly 5.60%.
Data as of June 2011
IWO Top Ten Holdings & Weightings
- Riverbed Technology, Inc. (RVBD): 0.77%
- TIBCO Software, Inc. (TIBX): 0.71%
- Rackspace Hosting, Inc. (RAX): 0.64%
- VeriFone Systems, Inc. (PAY): 0.62%
- Brigham Exploration Company (BEXP): 0.55%
- Acme Packet, Inc. (APKT): 0.54%
- Nordson Corporation (NDSN): 0.54%
- Deckers Outdoor Corporation (DECK): 0.53%
- Polaris Industries, Inc. (PII): 0.52%
- Pharmasset, Inc. (VRUS): 0.49%
Data as of June 2011
VBR Top Ten Holdings & Weightings
- Corn Products International, Inc. (CPO): 0.46%
- Camden Property Trust (CPT): 0.46%
- Domtar Corporation (UFS): 0.46%
- Essex Property Trust (ESS): 0.46%
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (WSM): 0.46%
- Tupperware Brands Corporation (TUP): 0.45%
- Hubbell, Inc. B (HUB.B 0.44%
- American Capital Agency Corp. (AGNC): 0.43%
- Snap-on, Inc. (SNA): 0.41%
- Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (WDR): 0.41%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV