IWM (iShares Russell 2000 ETF) tracks the Russell 2000 index which consists of the smallest 2000 stocks in the Russell 3000 index. It was launched in May 2000. AUM equal $15 billion and average daily trading volume exceeds 59M shares. The expense ratio is .28%. The dividend is $.17 making the current yield roughly .85%. The YTD return through June 2011 is 1.66%.
Here too there are numerous leveraged long and inverse ETFs linked to the index not to mention futures and options contracts.
Data as of June 2011
IWM Top Ten Holdings & Weightings
- Riverbed Technology, Inc. (RVBD): 0.40%
- TIBCO Software, Inc. (TIBX): 0.37%
- Rackspace Hosting, Inc. (RAX): 0.33%
- VeriFone Systems, Inc. (PAY): 0.32%
- American Capital Agency Corp. (AGNC): 0.30%
- Amerigroup Corporation (AGP): 0.29%
- Brigham Exploration Company (BEXP): 0.28%
- Acme Packet, Inc. (APKT): 0.28%
- Nordson Corporation (NDSN): 0.28%
- Deckers Outdoor Corporation (DECK): 0.28%
IJR (iShares S&P 600 SmallCap 600 ETF) tracks the S&P SmallCap 600 Index. Itâ¿¿s probably a better reflection of small cap stocks than the larger IWM issue. Nevertheless they both achieve similar results. The fund was launched in May 2000. AUM equal nearly $7 billion and average daily trading volume is around 1.3M shares. The expense ratio is .20% which is lower than IWMâ¿¿s. The dividend is $.13 making the yield around .75%. As of June 2011 YTD performance is roughly 2.70%.
Data as of June 2011
IJR Top Ten Holdings & Weightings
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (REGN): 0.86%
- Amerigroup Corporation (AGP): 0.68%
- Healthspring, Inc. (HS 0.56%
- Lufkin Industries, Inc. (LUFK): 0.54%
- Holly Corporation (HOC): 0.54%
- Biomed Realty Trust, Inc. (BMR): 0.52%
- World Fuel Services Corporation (INT): 0.50%
- Mid-America Apartment Communities (MAA): 0.47%
- Kilroy Realty Corporation (KRC): 0.47%
- Home Properties, Inc. (HME): 0.46%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV