SAN DIEGO ( TheStreet) Dan Fitzpatrick at RealMoney.com, talks about three stocks on CNBC's "Fast Money" and "Mad Money" and gives his thoughts on how investors can use those ideas to grow their money. Today's stocks include : Philip Morris (PM), Nike (NKE),and Southern Company (SO),
On Monday's "Mad Money," Jim Cramer looked at cigarette-maker Philip Morris. The stock had been in an up-trend before moving back down to the 50-day moving average. Fitzpatrick said he would not buy the stock now, unless it starts heading down closer to the 200-day moving average.
The next stock Fitzpatrick looks at is Nike, which announced better than expected earnings Monday after the market closed. After an upward trend, Fitzpatrick said the stock was consolidating. He recommends selling the stock, which was trading at the top of its short-term trading box yesterday.
The last stock Fitzpatrick highlights is Southern Company. The utility company has a 4.7% dividend and is trading at close to its high. Fitzpatrick set a support for this stock just above $39 and recommends buying as close to support as possible. He said it's a solid stock to own, with a healthy dividend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV