- GSS adds Day4 DNA equipped solar modules to its existing roof integrated PV product line; targeting the growing residential roof-top market in Europe.
- First products scheduled to ship in July
BURNABY, BC, June 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Day4 Energy Inc., a leading global provider of solar photovoltaic (PV) products and solutions, announces the successful integration of its proprietary process equipment into the existing production line of Gebäude-Solarsysteme GmbH (GSS), a supplier of specialized, building integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) applications to begin manufacturing advanced solar modules featuring Day4 DNA Technologies.
GSS is producing modules that use the Day4 DNA PV cell - an exclusive design and component of Day4 DNA technology which is delivered to the market through licensed cell manufacturing partners. Day4 DNA PV cells do not require soldering, and virtually eliminate PV cell energy losses after module lamination.
Included in their new product line, GSS's 48 cell multi-crystalline solar PV modules featuring Day4 Energy's patented stay powerful™ and live-long™ Technologies. Featuring exceptional field performance and high power density, this product line enables GSS to expand its existing roof-integrated product offering and take advantage of strong demand for premium performance PV modules in small to medium size roof top applications throughout Europe. A longtime partner of Day4 Energy and one of Germany's oldest and most respected PV companies, GSS is now well positioned to effectively target the high growth market for roof-top installations in Germany and throughout Europe."Today, roof-top systems are quickly becoming one of the most important segments of the PV market in Europe. Day4 DNA products, particularly 48 cell modules, are highly sought after by the roof-top installation companies. These modules are easy to install and - most importantly - easy to sell. They combine everything the end user is looking for - excellent energy yield, high quality and an aesthetically pleasing appearance." notes Luigi Fusi, Managing Director of Day4's Global PV module and Project Distribution business. "We have strong demand in our sales channels for this product." Day4 Energy's engineering team completed all required upgrades to the existing module manufacturing facility at GSS in June. With the first production test runs underway, GSS is scheduled to commence commercial volume shipments during the first week of July.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV