Futures Get a Lift From Home Price Data
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a higher open Tuesday after home prices rose in April and negotiations regarding Greece's debt and austerity plan continue.
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were up by 51 points, or 69 points above fair value at 12,041. Futures for the S&P 500 were higher by 6 points, or nearly 8 points above fair value, at 1282, and Nasdaq futures were ahead by 9 points, or 10 points above fair value.
Stocks rose Monday, led by technology and financials, despite continued uncertainty in Greece and contentious budget talks in Washington.The Case-Shiller 20-city home price index rose 0.7% in April from March but fell 4% from the same period a year ago, which was within expectations for a dip of 3.9%, according to Briefing.com. Greece remains in focus as violent protests break out ahead of the parliament's vote on a €78 billion ($111.3 billion) austerity plan on Wednesday. The Greek parliament is scheduled to follow up Wednesday's decision with a vote on implementation measures on Thursday, according to a Wall Street Journal report. France said it would be willing to extend the maturities on Greek bonds to give the country some breathing room. German banking associations support the plan, according to a Wall Street Journal report. Elsewhere in Europe,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV