Assisted Living Concepts Inc. Stock Downgraded (ALC)
- The gross profit margin for ASSISTED LIVING CONCEPTS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.50%. Regardless of ALC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ALC's net profit margin of 8.60% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.37 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 38.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.61 million to $5.01 million.
- ASSISTED LIVING CONCEPTS INC has improved earnings per share by 38.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ASSISTED LIVING CONCEPTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.71 versus $0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.91 versus $0.71).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.