Standard & Poor's announced the change after Monday's closing bell, saying the change will follow Marshall & Ilsley's acquisition by Bank of Montreal (BMO) on or around that date.
Shares of Accenture, an Irish provider of management consulting and technology services, closed Monday at $57.79, up nearly 18% so far in 2011 and 40% over the past year.
The ratings agency also disclosed a number of other changes to its indexes, saying Amerigroup (AGP) will join the S&P Midcap 400 on July 1, replacing Nationwide Health Properties (NHP), which is being acquired by Ventas> (VTR).Northwest Bancshares (NWBI) will replace Amerigroup in the S&P Smallcap 600 on the same date. Also joining the S&P Smallcap 600 will be Lincoln Educational Services (LINC), which will replace Pre-Paid Legal Services (PPD) on June 30. Pre-Paid Legal is being acquired by MidOcean PPL Holdings Corp. Amerigroup is a managed healthcare company headquartered in Virginia Beach, Va. The stock closed Monday at $66.83, up more than 46% so far in 2011, although it's pulled back since hitting a 52-week high of $71.71 on May 19. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV