Editor's note: As part of our partnership with PBS's Nightly Business Report, TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg will appear on NBR Tuesday (check local listings) to highlight transportation stocks for the second half of 2011.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors seeking off-the-beaten-path plays on growth in emerging markets may consider buying shares of Wabco (WBC) and Wynn Resorts (WYNN), says Jason Sheer, manager of the Roosevelt Multi-Cap Fund (BULLX).
The mutual fund, which garners three of five stars from Morningstar (MORN), has returned 11% over the past year, putting it in Morningstar's 98th percentile for mid-cap growth funds. During the past five years, theRoosevelt Multi-Cap Fund has returned an average annual return of 4.5%, placing it in the 66th percentile.
Welcome to TheStreet's Fund Manager Five Spot, where America's top mutual fund managers give their best stock picks and views on the market in a five-question format.
Why is Wabco, which makes truck brakes and transmission systems, one of your favorite emerging-market investments?Sheer: Wabco supplies safety products to commercial-truck markets including anti-lock braking systems and electronic stability control systems. Currently, in the emerging markets, there's about $300 in content per vehicle. Compare that with Europe, which is closer to about $3,000 in content per vehicle. Over time, as emerging-market trucks start to look more like developed-market trucks, there's tremendous potential for revenue gains for Wabco, which is supplying these markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV