LEXINGTON, Ky., June 27, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Rhino Resource Partners LP (NYSE: RNO) ("Rhino") reports with the deepest regret and sadness that our friend and colleague Joseph Michael "Joe" Cassell, a crew leader at the Rhino Eastern LLC ("Rhino Eastern") joint venture mining complex near Bolt, West Virginia, was tragically killed in an accident very early the morning of June 27, 2011, at Rhino Eastern's Eagle No. 1 Mine. The accident, which occurred at approximately 1:15 a.m. local time, was due to an apparent rib fall. Mr. Cassell was part of a four-person crew who was in the area to begin setting timbers where the accident occurred.
Rhino Eastern is working and cooperating with both the state of West Virginia mine authorities and the Mine Safety and Health Administration to determine the cause and circumstances surrounding the accident. The Eagle No. 1 Mine has been temporarily idled while the investigation takes place. Rhino Eastern is a joint venture in which Rhino has a 51% membership interest and for which Rhino serves as manager.
About Rhino Resource Partners LP
Rhino is a limited partnership formed to control and operate steam and metallurgical coal properties and related assets in Central Appalachia, Northern Appalachia, the Illinois Basin and the Western Bituminous region.Additional information regarding Rhino is available on its web site, www.rhinolp.com. SOURCE Rhino Resource Partners LP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV