Chevron is unanimously liked by the Raymond James, Standard & Poor's and Argus Research equity teams due to its superior ability to explore for and produce oil at a time when analysts are expecting rising oil prices.
The research groups have outperform, strong buy and buy recommendations, respectively, for the stock."Among the big integrated oil companies, Chevron is one of my favorites," Weiss of Argus Research tells TheStreet. He reiterates his buy recommendation and $120 target price on Chevron as the company's cash flow benefits from production in several major projects that began over the last two years -- leaving it well-positioned to fund the next stage of these projects. The Raymond James team says Chevron stands out in three, positive ways: through its above-average focus on oil compared with other energy peers -- over the last five plus years, Chevron has demonstrated the ability to outdo its peers in terms of finding oil and gas resources; and the company has a relatively small refining segment, within which there's significant exposure to the rapidly developing Asian economy. Chevron, which has an attractive dividend yield of about 3%, is a low-risk stock, according to Standard & Poor's. S&P maintains that the company has a diversified and strong business profile in volatile, cyclical and capital-intensive segments of the energy industry; and sound, corporate governance practices and stable earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV