5. A123 Systems (AONE)
Company Profile: A123 Systems designs and produces advanced rechargeable lithium-ion batteries and battery systems for hybrid electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, and electric vehicles.Share Price: $4.94 (June 27) Stock Performance This Year: -48% Analyst Consensus: Eight analysts have a "buy" rating on A123 Systems, including those at firms like Lazard Capital and Craig-Hallum Capital. Five other firms recommend investors hold shares, and two others say investors should sell the stock. The average analyst price target of $9.73 represents potential upside of 97% from current levels. Bullish Case: On May 17, Bank of America/Merrill Lynch analyst Steven Milunovich upgraded A123 Systems to "buy" from "neutral" with a price target of $8 based on the company's risk/reward tradeoff. "After spending time with the management, we have become more confident that the company is positioned to win new contracts and build a long-term advanced battery franchise," Milunovich wrote in the research report. "We see potential contract wins and accelerating performance in the second half creating more investor interest in the stock." TheStreet Ratings does not currently follow A123 Systems.
4. SatCon Technology (SATC) Company Profile: SatCon Technology provides utility-grade power-conversion services for commercial and renewable-energy installations and distributed energy markets. Share Price: $2.15 (June 27) Stock Performance This Year: -52% Analyst Consensus: Nine of 12 analysts covering SatCon Technology rate the stock a "buy," including those at Stifel Nicolaus, Cantor Fitzgerald and Piper Jaffray. The other three analysts rate the stock as a "hold." The average price target of $4.64 represents potential upside of 116% from current levels. Bullish Case: ValuEngine issued a "buy" recommendation on SatCon on June 20, highlighting the company's "attractive market valuation, expected [earnings per share] growth, and 5-year annualized return." ValuEngine noted that the stock should be trading at $4.85 based on the firm's fair value model. TheStreet Ratings has a "hold" rating on SatCon, having upgraded it from "sell" in February. The model highlights SatCon's "poor" profit margins and weak operating cash flow, while acknowledging strength in the company's revenue growth and "impressive" record of earnings per share growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV