NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's Daily ETF Winners and Losers. Be sure to stop by each day to find out who's winning and who's losing when it comes to ETFs.
iShares MSCI Sweden Index Fund (EWD) 3.2%
Ericsson (ERIC), EWC's top holding, is powering higher, leading the fund's index to welcomed gains. Shares of ERIC represent over 10% of the fund's assets.
LosersGlobal X Uranium ETF (URA) -2.2% The uranium ETF continues to struggle to find footing as sentiment towards the commodity remains soured. On Monday, the industry ran into trouble following reports that the federal government had extended a mining moratorium in the region near the Grand Canyon for another 6 months. The Obama administration reportedly hopes to place a 20-year mining ban on the region. iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid Term Futures ETN (VXZ) -2.2% Investors have managed to shrug off paltry income and consumer spending numbers from this morning and push the major U.S. indices to notable gains. As a result of this upward action, the fear-based VXZ is stumbling. Looking to the near term, VXZ's 50-day moving average could be interesting to watch. Recently, this level has held up as a point of support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV