American Learning Corporation Reports Fourth Quarter And Year End Results
American Learning Corporation (the “Company”) (NASDAQ: ALRN) announced revenues of $2,984,412 and a net loss of $1,115,706 ($.23 net loss per share) for the year ended March 31, 2011. By comparison, the Company reported revenues of $1,982,943 and a net loss of $823,142 ($.17 net loss per share) for the year ended March 31, 2010.
On March 31, 2011, the Company completed the disposition of certain assets of its wholly owned subsidiary, Interactive Therapy Group Consultants, Inc. (“ITG”) in the Upstate Region of New York State (the “Upstate Region”), pursuant to an asset purchase agreement. The Company received total compensation of $650,000, consisting of $200,000 in cash and a thirty-month note receivable in the amount of $450,000. In addition, the Company released John Torrens, ITG’s former President, from his non-competition agreement for a sum of $100,000 in cash. Accordingly, all results related to the Upstate Region have been reflected as discontinued operations.
|Three Months Ended||Years Ended|
|Operating loss from continuing operations||(835,919||)||(258,993||)||(1,578,469||)||(1,023,718||)|
|Loss before discontinued operations||(834,385||)||(256,256||)||(1,573,874||)||(1,014,246||)|
|Net earnings (loss) per share:|
|From continuing operations - basic|
|From discontinued operations - basic|
|Weighted average shares –|
|basic and diluted||4,754,900||4,754,900||4,754,900||4,760,075|
During the three months ended March 31, 2011 and 2010, the Company recognized stock-based compensation expense totaling $633,400 and $300, respectively, based on the fair value of stock options and warrants granted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV