3. Authentidate Holding (ADAT)
Company Profile: Authentidate provides software applications and Web-based services for businesses.The surge in Authentidate's stock started in early April after the company completed the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary, Authentidate International AG, to Switzerland's Exceet Group AG. The transaction yielded net cash proceeds of $1.3 million. During the second half of April, the Department of Veteran Affairs, Ameri-Quipt and Superior Oxygen & Medical Equipment selected Authentidate's services. Current Share Price: $1.19 (June 27) 2011 Total Return: 167% Analyst Ratings: C.K. Cooper & Co. is the lone firm with research coverage on Authentidate, rating the stock "buy" with a $2 price target. TheStreet Ratings recently upgraded the stock to "hold" from "sell." The latest report on Authentidate highlights the company's "revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income," but also points out disappointing return on equity.
2. Evergreen Energy (EEE) Company Profile: Evergreen Energy is a so-called cleaner-coal company. On Jan. 5, Evergreen was granted an extension by the NYSE Arca to regain compliance with listing rules regarding minimum bid price and market value of publicly traded shares. By March 3, Evergreen regained compliance with the listing standards. The stock hit a 52-week high in February shortly after the company completed a $16 million private placement of common stock. Shares pulled back, though, after Evergreen posted financial results for 2010. Revenue for the year fell to $403,000 from $423,000 in 2009. In June, Evergreen Energy was added to the Russell Microcap Index as part of its annual reconstitution. Current Share Price: $1.80 (June 27) 2011 Total Return: 177% Analyst Ratings: No research firm has coverage of Evergreen Energy. TheStreet Ratings doesn't follow the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV