BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Let's say you just sold some stocks for big gains and feel like risking a portion of those profits to reinvest in relatively cheap biotech stocks with big upside potential.
You want the chance to double or triple your money if things go right, but you're not afraid to lose all or most of your investment if they don't. High risk, high return is the name of this game.
Which biotech stocks might you gamble on for the possibility of a big payday?
The following are capsule summaries for 10 biotech stocks, all of which have the potential to double or triple in value, but don't expect those gains to come overnight.These biotech stocks are cheap, which for this exercise means market capitalizations of $300 million or less and stock prices under $10 a share. But these stocks are also risky, which means they're developing drugs based on unproven technology or which otherwise have significant challenges ahead that need to be overcome.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV