SAN DIEGO ( TheStreet) -Each morning, Dan Fitzpatrick at RealMoney.com, talks about three stocks on CNBC's "Fast Money" and "Mad Money" and gives his thoughts on how investors can use those ideas to grow their money. Today's stocks include : IBM (IBM), Pacific Biosciences (PACB),and Qualcomm (QCOM),
On Friday, Jim Cramer looked at IBM on "Mad Money." The stock is trading near an all-time high, with the fifty day moving average near the resistance level, Fitzpatrick said. He does not think it's too early to buy, with the 20 week average defining the support level.
Pacific Biosciences was Cramer's speculative stock on Friday. Fitzpatrick said to trade this stock carefully, with a stop around $10.30. If it goes lower, he said, it will probably go much lower. But if the stock starts trading above the 50 day moving average, he said, he would be more confident that it is currently trading at the bottom.
The last stock Fitzpatrick examines is Qualcomm. On Friday, this was Stephen Weiss's pick on "Fast Money" for companies that make semi-conductors. Well above its 200-day moving average, the stock is trading in the middle of its trading range, as it consolidates. Fitzpatrick said this puts some safety in this pick, though he doesn't see an immediate upward trend. But he sees this as a company to hold for the long-term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV