Bed Bath & Beyond
Housewares retailer Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) arguably holds the most-attractive positioning in the industry, offering a one-stop shop for everything from fine china to kegerators at its namesake stores -- and the firm manages to do that at prices that its competitors have difficulty matching. An aggressive coupon strategy means that value-conscious shoppers frequent Bed Bath & Beyond's locations in search of big-ticket items, typically adding discretionary purchases to their carts in the process.
In an industry that's been under pressure alongside the housing market, Bed Bath & Beyond has actually generated positive growth and maintained near-double-digit margins. Those are very impressive operating attributes that can only improve as consumers loosen their purse strings alongside some semblance of an economic recovery. Likewise, the firm's smaller retail brands have been solid performers and currently have room for expansion.One of the most attractive attributes of Bed Bath & Beyond's growth is the fact that the company has built out its store footprint through cash on hand, not debt. As a result, this blemish-free balance sheet puts the company in a much better position than its peers if economic headwinds perk up again. With analyst sentiment on the upswing, we're betting on shares. Bed Bath & Beyond shows up on a recent list of Cramer's Buying Opportunities. To see this week's sentiment plays in action, check out the Rocket Stocks portfolio at Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV