BALTIMORE, June 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) announced today at the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) annual meeting that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) accepted the registration of Clorox Commercial Solutions(R) Clorox(R) Germicidal Wipes to kill Clostridium difficile ( C. difficile) spores in five minutes(i).
The bleach wipe used by the most U.S. hospitals,(ii) Clorox(R) Germicidal Wipes are ready-to-use, hospital-grade disinfectant wipes and are among the strongest and heaviest on the market today. Clorox(R) Germicidal Wipes contain 0.55% (5500ppm) sodium hypochlorite, which exceeds the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended requirement to kill many of the pathogens of most concern to hospitals. Clorox(R) Germicidal Wipes are equal to a 1:10 dilution of liquid bleach and include an odor-masking agent, specially formulated to provide fast, effective disinfecting to accommodate the most sensitive environments and users.
"The EPA registration reinforces Clorox's commitment to reducing the spread of infections and disease-causing pathogens, such as C. difficile, while providing useful and important tools to the healthcare community," said Craig Stevenson, vice president and general manager, Clorox Professional Products Company. "Clorox(R) Germicidal Wipes provide a fast, highly effective way to help keep the patient environment disinfected and is an excellent addition to Clorox's comprehensive products to kill C. difficile spores."
Clorox(R) Germicidal Wipes are suitable for use on most hard, nonporous surfaces including stainless steel and they are offered in multiple packaging options that can be adapted for use in various healthcare locations:
- 70-count Clorox(R) Germicidal Wipes (6.75" x 9" wipes) – Designed for daily, multi-surface disinfection by environmental services, as well as nursing staff. These wipes are the ideal size for general purpose cleaning and disinfecting, spills, and everyday patient room cleaning.
- 110-count Clorox(R) Germicidal Wipes (12" x 12" wipes) – Specially designed for terminal cleaning by environmental services. These wipes are among the largest on the market and are made with the goal of increasing employees' efficiency.
- 150-count Clorox(R) Germicidal Wipes (6" x 5" wipes) – Designed for nurses' everyday disinfection of clinical surfaces such as glucometers, BP monitors and more. These wipes are the perfect size for small-surface disinfection.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV