U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (Nasdaq: GROW), a boutique registered investment advisor specializing in natural resources and emerging markets, will continue its payment of monthly dividends in the third calendar quarter of 2011.
“We initiated our dividend program in June 2007, and the end of this month will mark the 48 th straight month that U.S. Global Investors has awarded a dividend to our investors,” says Frank Holmes, company CEO and Chief Investment Officer. “Investors often look to us for exposure to emerging markets and natural resources, and the monthly dividends add an extra benefit for investors to own GROW shares.”
“At the current stock prices, the dividend yield is higher than leading emerging market indices and gold equity indices. Further, the dividend is also paid monthly and many companies in emerging markets pay quarterly or semi-annually,” says Holmes.
The monthly dividends equate to an annual yield of 3.4 percent on GROW on an annual basis at current price levels near $7 per share. In comparison, the current yields for the MSCI Emerging Markets Index and the NYSE Arca Gold Bugs Index (HUI) are 2.58 percent and 0.70 percent, respectively.The company’s board of directors approved payment of the 2-cents-per-share monthly dividend for the third quarter of calendar 2011. The record dates are July 11, August 15 and September 12, and the payment dates will be July 25, August 29 and September 26. Though the company has no debt, owns its own building and has working capital of approximately $2 per share, the continuation of future cash dividends will be determined by U.S. Global’s board of directors, at its sole discretion, after review of the company's financial performance and other factors, and is dependent on earnings, operations, capital requirements, general financial condition of the company and general business conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV