Although agriculture has become a popular market to follow, investing in it can be a tricky task. Individual crops tend to behave in a volatile manner. Therefore the best approach for long term investors would be to target broad-based products like MOO and PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (DBA).
First Trust NASDAQ Global Auto ETF (CARZ)
The First Trust auto ETF could take the spotlight on Friday when auto and truck sales results released.
CARZ provides ETF investors with exposure to a unique and previously-unexplored corner of the markets. However, during the fund's opening weeks of trading it has struggled to gain a following. Currently, its average daily volume stands at a paltry 2,000. CARZ remains vulnerable to illiquidity issues and should ultimately be kept at an arm's length.A stronger and more reliable way to target the automobile sector would be through the Fidelity Select Automobile Fund (FSAVX). Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV